It has been a busy year at One World House in 2016. With approximately 24,500 views this year, One World House received more visits than the previous two and a half years combined. Thank you for being a part of the conversation, and I hope you will follow the blog on WordPress or through Facebook if you haven’t done so already.
One World House is inspired by the vision of Martin Luther King, Jr. who believed that we all live in a great world house and that all people from various countries, backgrounds, and traditions must find ways to live in peace with one another. The World House vision for the 21st Century focuses on creating peace, promoting social justice for ALL persons, and fostering sustainability in the effort to care for our planet for the sake of all life.
As 2016 comes to a close, here is a look back on the top five blog posts of 2016:
- Blessed are the Persecuted – December 21, 2016 (Also published in the Oklahoma Observer)- December 22, 2016
- Dead Canary States – May 31, 2016
- Refusing the Hand of the Empire – December 28, 2016
- The Dangerous Death Throes of the Empire of White Hegemony – March 16, 2016
- To My White Evangelical Christian Friends – September 30, 2016
2016 was a challenging and in many ways tragic year for our world house, and 2017 looks to be extremely difficult as well for people and the planet. As we move forward together in search of the Beloved Community; let us work together and support one another in our efforts to create a more just, peaceful, participatory, and sustainable world and somehow find a way to take care of this one world house, our only home.